AFD Processing Ltd. is the largest freeze dry pet food manufacturers in Canada. We are currently supplying freeze dry pet food to Canadian market and various countries around the world, including USA, Hongkong, Singapore, China etc. We aim to enhance the health and happiness of the pets all over the world by proving them the high-quality food from Canada.
Due to the high demand from the market, we are currently building the 2nd freeze dry plant and plan to build the 3rd one in 2021.
As a result, we are looking for a full-time industrial mechanic specializing in welding to join us for current equipment maintenance and future expansion.
Job Title: Industrial Mechanics-Welder
Location: 5292 272nd Street, Langley BC V4W1S3
Salary $65,000/ Year
Permanent, Full time, 40 hours / week
The industrial mechanics-Welder install, maintains, troubleshoot, overhaul and repair stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment.
• Install, troubleshoot, maintain, overhaul, and repair the freeze dry system, including freeze dry chambers, heating panel, vacuum pumps, vacuum valves, vacuum pipes, Hot water pumps, Heat exchangers, valves, transportation system ( trolly, trolly truck, track), pneumatic system, hydraulic system, defrost system ( pumps, pipes, sprinkler), compressors, cold trap, etc.
• Install, troubleshoot, maintain, overhaul, and repair the freeze dry auxiliary equipment including tray loading robots, palletisation robot, tray washing system, low pressure stream sterilization system, etc.
• Install, troubleshoot, maintain, overhaul, and repair the food processing equipment, including IQF, plate freezer, screw conveyor, bulk cutter, grinder, dicer, molding machine, high speed packaging, multi-heads scale, powder machine, etc.
• Read blueprints and diagrams for installation.
• Construct foundations for equipment.
• Operate hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during installation, maintenance and repairment.
• Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during installation, maintenance and repairment.
• Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding
• (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), oxy-acetylene welding (OAW) during installation, maintenance and repairment.
• Operate manual, semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment, brazing equipment, soldering equipment, and metal shaping machines during installation, maintenance and repairment.
• Perform start-up, testing, shutdown and restoring operations during regular maintenance and emergent repairment.
• Perform centering, setting to elevation vibration analysis, laser levelling and optical alignment during installation.
Qualification and Requirement:
• Completion of Secondary (high) school graduation or relevant training courses.
• Five years or more relevant experience.
• Able to handle heavy loads, work under pressure, bend, crouch and kneel.
• Attention to details.
• Experience with assembling, installing, maintaining, trouble shooting and overhauling, and repairing freeze dry and food processing equipment is preferred.
• Willing to travel and relocate is preferred.
• Welder Trade Certification is preferred.